Cause of Washington County Fire a Malfunctioning Oxygen Tank

posted by WGY News -


There’s updated information on that deadly fire in Washington County.

It happened Wednesday night in the town of Hampton, near Whitehall. 

73-year-old Richard Murray Sr. was killed in the fire. 

His wife, Joan, was taken to a hospital in Vermont with burns to her back and arms. 

Officials say it appears the fire was caused by a malfunctioning oxygen tank.

Photo: Getty Images

Comments

title

Content Goes Here

This ad will close in X seconds.