Vietnam Veteran Rescued From Fire at His Schenectady Home

posted by WGY News - 

A Vietnam veteran was rescued from a fire at his home on Glendale Place in Schenectady Wednesday morning. 

Rick Batcher, with just one leg and on oxygen, tried to escape on his own when the early morning fire broke out, but a door collapsed on top of him. 

Two neighbors were eventually able to pull him out. He was taken to Westchester Medical Center's burn unit and is in critical condition.

Photos: WNYT

title

Content Goes Here