Chatham Senior Housing Complex Fire Sends One to Burn Unit

Filipino fire fighters extinguish a fire

A Sunday morning fire at a senior housing complex in Chatham has left one resident in critical condition at the Westchester Burn Center.

The fire at Chatham Manor Apartments broke out shortly before 8:30. 

A man who was confined to a wheelchair was trapped in his first-floor apartment. 

According to the Times Union he suffered significant burns and was flown by helicopter to Westchester. 

Three others had to be rescued from the complex. 

Some of the apartments are uninhabitable.  Residents were either transferred to another facility, or are staying with family members.

Photo: Getty Images

title

Content Goes Here