New York State honors 63 police officers during its annual remembrance ceremony, which is set for 1 Tuesday afternoon at the Plaza.
This is the largest group of officers to be honored in one year.
It includes three who died in the line of duty, and 59 Ground Zero-related illness deaths.
OFFICIAL NOTICE FROM ALBANY POLICE
On Tuesday, May 7, 2019 the following road closures and parking restrictions will be in effect downtown for the Annual Police Memorial:
Road Closures between the hours of 7AM and 4PM:
1. Pine Street between N. Pearl Street and Lodge Street
2. Lodge Street between Corning Place and Steuben Street
3. Chapel Street between Pine Street and Columbia Street
4. Steuben Street between Lodge Street and Chapel Street
Parking Restrictions between the hours of 7AM and 4PM:
1. Pine Street both north and south sides from Chapel Street to Lodge Street
2. Lodge Street both east and west sides from Pine Street to Steuben Street
3. Lodge Street, west side from Corning Place to State Street
4. Eagle Street, both east and west sides from Washington Ave to Elk Street
5. Madison Avenue north side from west of the Plaza Bridge west to S. Swan Street
6. State Street, both north and south sides from Sw. Swan Street east to the Empire State Plaza entrance
At the conclusion of church services there will be a procession of police personnel from St. Mary’s Church located at Pine Street and Lodge Street. The procession will head west on Pine Street to Washington Avenue to S. Swan Street; turn south on S. Swan Street to State Street; turn east on State Street to the entrance to the Empire State Plaza. This procession is scheduled to start around 12:00 Noon and should last approximately 30 minutes.
Vehicular traffic will be detoured to during the procession. Motorists should expect delays during this period and may want to consider alternate routes of travel around the event.
Photo: Getty Images