CLICK HERE to join Phoebe & News Radio 810 & 103.1 WGY for the 10th Annual Freihofer's Run for Women Training Challenge!
At this time the Training Challenge has moved Online. You can visit the Freihofer’s Training Challenge Facebook Page for updates as they come in.
You can visit the for updates as they come in.
Here’s a great opportunity to get into shape, make new friends and participate in the Capital Region’s premier road race — The 42nd Freihofer’s Run for Women!
For 10+ weeks starting March 16th, give your motivation a boost and improve your performance by joining a Training Team!
Training Challenge registrants can select one of the following Training Challenge sites/sessions as their “home” base:
Weekly training schedule:
- Mondays: The Corning Preserve 6:30am (until there is morning light and then it will move to 6:00am) or The Crossings of Colonie (choose 1pm or 6pm)
- Wednesdays 6pm at:
- Capital District Y branches: Southern Saratoga, Guilderland, Bethlehem, East Greenbush or Troy
- Thursdays: 6pm at iRun LOCAL in Saratoga Springs
You can run one or more day(s) during the week with us (beginners will do a total of 3 workouts) and then we ALL gather on Saturdays together. Saturday sessions are at 8:30 a.m. at Colonie Mohawk River Park (Town Park). On Saturdays we will have guest speakers on nutrition and fitness!
Training will be broken into Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Runners.
For a Training Challenge fee of $55 you will receive:
• Custom Training Challenge t-shirt
• Great giveaways throughout the program
• The Y branches are offering a 10 week membership for anyone who signs up for the Training Challenge out of a Capital District Y location on Wednesdays at 6pm. Free childcare is included for anyone at these locations along with any of the Y’s free classes.
You must be registered to take part! You can sign up through April 5th. This year's run takes place on May 30th.
For those who can't take part in the Training Challenge you can still get in shape for the race by participating in the Virtual Training Program for a $10 fee (does not include above benefits).
*Participants who take part in the 42nd Annual Freihofer's Run for Women will need to pay an additional entry fee for the race.