67% of people claim that salary and compensation are their main reason for taking a job according to a survey by Glassdoor. Glassdoor has released their yearly list of the highest paying jobs and on the top of the list with no surprise, is a physician. Glassdoor claims that the median base salary of a physician is $195,842 and there are currently 3,038 jobs open.
And, NYU just announced that Med School will now be free for all students. So, now's the time to jump on board with a new career.
1. Physician - Median Base Salary: $195,842
2. Pharmacy Manager - $146,412
3. Pharmacist - $127,120
4. Enterprise Architect - $115,944
5. Corporate Counsel - $115,580
6. Software Development Manager - $108,879
7. Physician Assistant - $108,761
8. Software Engineering Manager - $107,479
9. Nurse Practitioner - $106,962
10. Software Architect - $105,329
Photo: Getty Images