All over the nation, people are celebrating a three day weekend. And those fortunate enough to have Labor Day off can enjoy a few more beers into Sunday night. But even if you do have to work, there a few beers to sip for a great weekend.
- Big Bend Brewing Company: National Park Hefeweizen – This one’s a gold medal winner at the World Beer Cup and has done Texas proud.
- SweetWater Brewing Company: 420 Strain G13 IPA – The perfect combo of hops and hemp, and oils to give it a familiar scent.
- Sierra Nevada Brewing Company/Weihenstephan: Oktoberfest –A California/Germany brewing collaboration that’s an international crowd pleaser.
- Drake’s Brewing Company: Brightside – This is an amazing entry into the evolution of what an IPA can be.
- Aecht Schlenkerla: Helles Lagerbier – An iconic German beer that’s now being shipped to the States – smoky and crisp.
- Reissdorf Kolsch – Often duplicated, but all the imitators pale in comparison to the real deal.
- Monopolio: Lager Clara – A corn-laced lager that will take you steps beyond that Corona you’ve been sipping on.
- Anchor Brewing: Anchor Steam – Not new by any means, but the classics never really die, and it compliments a pizza perfectly.
- Cigar City Brewing: Cucumber Saison – Perfect for poolside, with a flavor of lemongrass and cucumber hints.
- Sixpoint Brewery: The Crisp – A pilsner made with German hops, this one’s focused and perfect for the Fall months.
Photo: Getty Images