While age really is just a number, there does come a point in life where we all start feeling it, and realize we are no longer as young as we once were, and really aren’t as young as we may feel. Of course, it isn't easy to accept that you fall into the category of “middle aged," but a new survey may give you a clue as to whether or not you are there yet.
According to the poll, the actual age when folks are considered middle age is, believe it or not, 47, although being middle aged isn’t necessarily a bad thing. In fact, 52% of people say being middle aged just means someone is more likely to know what they want out of life.
So, what are some of the top signs that you have reached middle age? Well, apparently the biggest sign is that you start noticing people at your job who aren’t “your age,” and are young enough to be your children, although on a positive note, another sign is that you suffer fools less than when you were younger.
Top Ten Signs You’re Middle Aged(click here for the complete list)
- You start to notice people at work aren’t "your age," and could potentially be your children
- You suffer fools less than you did previously
- You start checking your face and body for grey hairs and wrinkles
- You visit the opticians after realizing you perhaps do need glasses after all
- You realize you’re older than most of the authors, actors and musicians you like
- You start considering a cruise holiday
- Being happy to spend big money on things you know will last, like a garden fence or new flooring in your home
- You accept you’re now a dress size bigger and there is nothing you can do about it
- You love scouring the home and garden stores
- You feel you know more about politics than ever before
Source: SWNS Digital
Photo: Getty Images