Consumer safety group WATCH (World Against Toys Causing Harm) has released their list of the top 10 worst toys to buy just before the holiday shopping season kicks off. According to the group, these toys are dangerous for kids.
While most of these toys can be found at major retailers, the non profit is trying to raise awareness saying these toys could potentially harm kids due with inadequate warnings, age recommendations and poor designs.
10 Worst Toys of 2018
1. Nickelodeon Nella Princess Knight Pillow Pets Sleeptime Lites This plush is marketed towards infants as nightlight but they have small, felt-like flower and heart-tag accessories which could be a choking hazard. There is also a battery acid leakage hazard according to the manufacturer.
2. Nerf Vortex Praxis Blaster This toy is marketed to kids as young as eight but could pose a potential eye and face injury hazard.
3. Marvel Black Panther Slash Claw Based on the popular comic book and movie character, this claw toy is a rigid plastic claw with a warning to to swing at people because it could slash someone.
4. Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel Superstar Blade has the potentional to cause blunt forcse and eye injuries.
5. Cabbage Patch Kids Dance Time Doll The doll's headband is removable therefore posing a choking hazard.
6. Zoo Jamz Xylophone There are no warnings on this toy however, the drumstick handle could potentially cause a choking hazard.
7. Nici Wonderland Doll: Miniclara the Ballerina The kitty can pose as a choking hazard to a child because it can be detached.
8. Stomp Rocket Ultra Rocket There are many warnings on the package cautioning parents and kids to "prevent serious eye or face injuries".
9. Cutting Fruit The knife could cause puncture wounds and other blunt trauma injuries.
10. Chien A Promener Pull Along Dog No warnings are provided but, the pull toy has a cord measuring approximately 19 inches which could pose a strangulation hazard.