Fire officials in the Bronx are looking into why a door did not close, allowing smoke to spread in yesterday's deadly apartment building fire. At least 19 people died and numerous others are critically injured. Mayor Eric Adams told ABC's Good Morning America there may have been a maintenance issue with a door. The law requires doors to close automatically so when a fire breaks out, the smoke is contained. Thick smoke was able to reach all floors of the 19-story building. Fire officials say a malfunctioning space heater started the fire.
Albany Fire Chief Joe Gregory joined WGY Mornings with Doug Goudie to discuss how you can survive a fire emergency. Listen below.