So this Target arrest/not arrest incident in Clifton Park is interesting/confusing. And normally I would say, “if only there was video of the incident we would know what happened.” However, the five minute video leads to many more questions than answers, like:
- Did racism play a role in this, or is that just a default accusation made by the accused?
- Was the teen in the midst of shoplifting or not?
- Has the store had issues with any of these teens before, and does that matter?
- Does the store have cameras that provide more detail, like the minute or so leading up to when this video begins?
- The sister repeatedly shouts “he has autism”, so what should the officer do in the moment with that information?
Ultimately the question is this: is there a white cop in Clifton Park who was harassing/profiling an African-American, or is there a cop trying to stop a perceived crime from taking place? Or does the truth lie somewhere in the middle?
Watch the video and judge for yourself…