"Our calling, for all of us as citizens, is to stand up for our self-governing, to stand up for our way of life." -Author and former congressman Chris Gibson.
Since leaving congress Chris Gibson has been teaching at Williams College, but he remains attuned to the political workings in Washington, D.C. and the effect they are having on our democracy. In this podcast, Gibson talks to Diane Donato about his new book: Rally Point: Five Tasks to Unite the County and Revitalize the American Dream.
- The balance of rights and responsibilities.
- Why our political leaders must elevate political discourse.
- How our government was designed for achieving peaceful change.
- Our calling as citizens to stand up for self-governing.
- Why we should never lose sight of "The Golden Rule."
Rally Point: Five Tasks to United the County and Revitalize the American Dream is available at Amazon.com.
Photo by Getty Images