City of Albany Snow Emergency Announcement
Please be advised the City of Albany has declared a SNOW EMERGENCY that will begin on Monday, January 21, 2019, at 8:00 P.M. At that time, all normal parking rules and regulations are temporarily suspended.
• Beginning Monday, January 21, 2019, at 8:00 P.M., all vehicles must be parked on the EVEN numbered side of the street for 24 hours.
• Beginning Tuesday, January 22, 2019, at 8:00 P.M., all vehicles must be parked on the ODD numbered side of the street for the next 24-hour period.
If you are parked on the wrong side of the street during the snow emergency, your vehicle will be ticketed and may be towed. After the second 24-hour period, please stay tuned for further announcements.
IMPORTANT CONTACTS DURING THE SNOW EMERGENCY:
For SNOW EMERGENCY information, call 518-476-SNOW (7669) or visit the City of Albany's website at albanyny.gov, facebook.com/CityofAlbanyMayorsOffice, and twitter.com/AlbanyCityHall
• For general snow inquiries call the Department of General Services at 518-434-CITY (2489).
• To report power outages and determine area repair schedules, call National Grid at 800-642-4272.
• In an emergency, call 911.
• To receive text and/or email alerts about a snow emergency, please sign up for Nixle alerts at: http://www.albanyny.org/PoliceDepartment/Nixle.aspx.
• For real-time weather information, visit the National Weather Service.
During the SNOW EMERGENCY, the City of Albany has made available additional parking at various lots throughout the City:
Arbor Hill/Sheridan Hollow
1. Parking area adjoining Arbor Hill Softball Field (North Lark St.)
2. 230 Colonie St. (playground lot)
3. 178 Colonie St. (playground lot)
4. Ten Broeck Mansion (parking lot & sidewalk west end)
5. Quackenbush Garage (please see note regarding limited availability)
1. Ridgefield Park (enter on Partridge St.)
2. Woodlawn Park Little League
3. Westland Hills/Waterson Park (enter on Colvin Ave.)
4. Washington Park (all roadways and parking areas)
1. Krank Park Area
2. Franklin St. (between Schuyler St. & Bassett St. – east side)
3. Lincoln Park (all interior roadways & parking area)
1. 77 Philip St. (playground)
2. 88 Philip St. (playground)
1. North Second St. & North Third St. (above Pearl St.)
2. Parking area across from North Albany American Legion Post
1. Bleecker Stadium (parking area & roadways)
2. North side of Livingston Ave. parking lot (opposite Judson St.)
Signs have been installed on streets throughout the City that have both odd and even numbered addre sses, or no addresses at all, indicating what side of the street is even and what side is odd for purposes of snow emergencies. Please take notice of these signs when moving your vehicle during the Snow Emergency.
Zone C Residential Permit Parking Holders:
Once the SNOW EMERGENCY commences and for 24 hours after the end of a SNOW EMERGENCY, individuals with a residential parking permit in Zone C will be allowed to park for free in the Quackenbush Garage (Orange Street between Broadway and Water Street).
For individuals with Zone C permits (Ten Broeck Triangle, Clinton Avenue, N. Hawk Street, Hall Place), levels 4, 5, and 6 are available for parking at the Quackenbush Garage. To utilize the free parking within the Quackenbush Garage, the resident must take a ticket upon entering the garage. When exiting, the resident must go to customer service where they must confirm their last name and plate number. Only one ticket will be validated per plate number and last name.
If your vehicle has been towed, please call the Albany Police Department’s non-emergency line at 518-438-4000 for information on how to retrieve your vehicle.
Snow emergency brochures, which outline all Snow Emergency procedures, can be picked up at any City firehouse, police station, City Hall, or branches of the Albany Public Library. A digital version can also be found here: http://www.albanyny.gov.
photo: Getty Images