May 27th 7:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M.
• Washington Avenue, both sides between S. Swan Street and N. Hawk Street
May 27 8:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M.
• Central Avenue between manning Boulevard and Washington Avenue
• Washington Avenue between Central Avenue and Eagle Street
• All intersecting roadways to and from the above streets will be closed and cross traffic will diverted around the parade route
City officials have issued a traffic advisory for the annual Veterans of Lansingburgh Memorial Day Parade on May 27th. Parking restrictions will be in effect on the following streets on Monday, from 7:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.
• 5th Avenue from 124th Street to 115th Street
• 123rd Street and 124th Street, between 4th and 5th, and 5th and 6th
• 115th Street between 5th and 2nd
• 2nd Ave from 115th north to 122nd
The following streets will be closed beginning at 9:00 A.M.:
• 5th Avenue, from 125th Street to 115th Street
• 123rd Street and 124th Street between 4th & 5th, and 5th & 6th
• 115th Street between 5th Avenue and 2nd Avenue
• 2nd Ave between 115th Street and 122nd Street
On May 27th, members of the Gloversville Police Department will be assisting with the ceremonies and operations associated with the 2019 Memorial Day Parade. The parade will start at 9:30 A.M. To ensure the parade route is safe and clear, members of the Gloversville Police Department will begin posting Emergency No Parking signs along the parade route early Monday morning. The parade route starts at N. Main Street and E. Eighth Avenue. The parade will travel south and turn left on Sixth Avenue. The parade will continue on Sixth Avenue to Kingsboro Avenue, making a right on Kingsboro Avenue. The parade will continue traveling south on Kingsboro Avenue to E. Fulton Street, ending at the Prospect Hill Cemetery. Once the route is posted with No Parking Signs, members of the police department will begin clearing any remaining vehicles along the route prior to the start of the parade.
May 27th at 1:15 P.M. The parade will begin at North Greenbush Town Hall Complex (Main Avenue), proceed east on Main Avenue, west on State Route 150 to Marion Avenue, to Brookside Ave, to Main Ave, and finishing at North Greenbush Town Complex.
Be advised that portions of State Route 66 (Main Avenue), State Route 150 to the Car Wash, Marion Avenue, and Brookside Avenue will be detoured. Portions of Douglas St, Dodge St, Ashcroft St, Bellemead St, Orchard Terrace, and Lenox St will be closed at the beginning of the parade.
The road closures and detours will start at 1:15 P.M., and last until approximately 2:30 P.M. Several town side streets will also be affected during the parade procession.
Photo: Getty Images