The 4th of July can be a scary time for dogs. Fireworks can cause stress on dogs that can lead to them to escape the safety of their home. Here are 5 tips to keep them safe.
1. A tired dog will be a happier, calm dog, so exercise them during the day.
2. If your dog is showing signs of fear, bring them inside and keep them there.
3. Keeping a dog isolated can cause stress as well, so let them out of their crate to investigate.
4. Keep your dog on a leash that you can easily grab if he starts running amok.
5. If none of these work, xanax. But, get it from a vet.
Photo: Getty Images