Officials: Propane-Fueled Dryer Likely Cause of Explosion at Glenville Home

Accident or crime scene cordon tape

Photo: Getty Images

Officials believe a propane-fueled clothes dryer was likely the cause of an explosion at a home in Schenectady County over the weekend.

The blast happened Sunday at a residence on Sacandaga Road in Glenville and sent two people inside to the hospital. So far, the names and conditions of the victims haven't been released. The explosion left holes in the foundation of the home and started a basement fire that was put out quickly. No other damage in the surrounding neighborhood was reported.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content