Having a home bar is the best, and it’s way cheaper than going to a real bar if a drink from time to time is your thing. Unless you’re a professional bar master though, your drink-making repertoire might leave a little to be desired. There’s good news for you, though, especially if you’re a fan of the vodka. There are tons of great drinks you can whip up that only require three ingredients, and will still make you look like a pro.
- Arnold Palmer – Just 2-ounces of tea-infused vodka (it’s easy to make – just put two tea bags into a fifth of vodka, shake it, and let it steep for 3 hours), 1 ounce of lemon juice, and 1-ounce of honey. This one does Arnie proud.
- Q-Cumber – This is a vodka tonic like you might get at a spa. It’s 1 ½ parts cucumber-lime vodka, 3-parts tonic water, and a squeeze of lime. Talk about refreshing.
- Vodka Sour – Why should whiskey get all the love? Take 2-ounces of vodka, 1 ounce of lemon juice, and 1-ounce of simple syrup. Shake it like you mean it and pour it over ice.
- Creamsicle – Easy to make, and makes you feel like a kid again. Take 4-ounces of cream soda, 2-ounces of vodka, and 10-dashes of orange bitters. Grab a tall glass and tear it up. Add some vanilla ice cream if you’re really feeling saucy.
- Blue Royal – Girls love blue drinks. It’s scientific. So, perk her up with one of these. 1 ½-parts blue raspberry vodka, ½ part blue Curacao (or a splash), and 3-parts demi-sec sparkling wine. Grab a champagne flute and pretend you’re classy.
- Spiced Cider – Perfect for the holidays. 3-ounces of hot apple cider, 2-ounces of cinnamon tea, and 2-ounces of vodka. Add some cinnamon powder for an extra kick.
- Sweet & Spicy – The better the vodka, the better this one will turn out. Take 2-ounces of vodka, black peppercorns (two turns of the mill should do it), and 1-teaspoon of honey. Grab a rocks glass and enjoy.
- CranMosa – Perfect for that morning hair-of-the-dog. Take 2-parts sparkling wine, 1-part cranberry vodka, and 1-part orange juice. All you need now is a champagne flute.
Photo: Getty Images