New York parents will spend an average of $230.70 per child on back to school shopping this year, according to a survey from Promocodes.com. NY ranks 13th in the nation for highest back to school spenders.
New York Highlights:
- The majority of parents use online coupons or credit cards to save money on back-to-school shopping
- Clothing is the most popular item to buy for back-to-school shopping
- August is the most popular shopping month
- Walmart is the most popular shopping destination
- 83.9% of parents are looking forward to their children going back to school
- Parents of 11th graders will be spending the most at $272.82
- 38% of parents say they use online coupons when shopping for school supplies
- August was ranked the most popular month to buy school supplies for shoppers, with 55.4% of parents saying that’s when they shop
- Walmart reigns supreme as the favorite shopping destination for back-to-school goodies, 38% of parents answering Walmart as their favorite back-to-school shopping destination, followed by Target (26%) and Amazon (19%)
How much have you spent on back to school shopping this year? What are your tips for make the most out of your Back to School dollars?